Hosting a virtual online event is an easy and effective way to continue to engage with your community.
You can charge attendees to register for an online webinar hosted on a platform of your choice, such as Zoom. To do so you will need to setup your webinar through your preferred platform to generate a webinar link. You can then share that link with your attendees who purchased a ticket through EventChain.
- First, create your Zoom webinar.
- In the webinar options select “Registration – Required”.
- De-select “Require webinar password”.
- Optionally, but not recommended, you can choose “Only authenticated users can join” – By choosing this option attendees will be required to register and login to Zoom to register for the webinar. This could be a blocker for some users and is not recommended unless you absolutely need the extra authentication security.
- Copy the webinar title, start time and registration link. You will want this handy when creating your event in EventChain. Tip: It’s good practice to name your webinar the same as your event to avoid confusion.
- Registration Approvals – For added control over who is allowed to access your webinar, you can choose to manually approve registrants after they reserve their attendance. This can be managed under the Invitations > Registration Approvals section of your webinar settings.
- As attendees are added to Zoom, you can then approve them from the “Manage Attendees” section of the webinar management page.
- Upon approval, your attendee will receive an email with a link to your webinar.
Once you have set up your webinar, you can then create your event in EventChain. Remember to use the same name, date and start/end time as your webinar to avoid confusion.
In the event or ticket description, it’s a good idea to relay to your attendees that they will receive an additional email with a link to your webinar after ticket purchase.
Note: Be sure to collect basic information about each attendee at ticket purchase (first name, last name, email), you will need this information to share your webinar link with your attendees. In the Attendee Questionnaire section, choose “Collect information for: Each attendee”.
Tip: As part of the event setup, do not include any direct links to your webinar in the event or ticket descriptions. The webinar link should only be shared after registration, either by emailing the link directly to your attendees or being sending through Zoom when you manually approve the registration.
Each of your attendees will need the webinar link prior to your event. There are a couple of ways to get that to them.
- Through Zoom, as registrants are approved, they will receive the link in their approval email.
- Email attendees after ticket purchase or just prior to the event time. This will require an email service like MailChimp, Constant Contact or Zoho, and to export your EventChain attendee information as a CSV file to manually import it into your email program.
Through Zoom (recommended)
You will need to share your attendee information between EventChain and Zoom. You can choose to automate the process or you can manually copy the information from EventChain to Zoom.
Zoom (Automated) – To automate the process, you can use Zapier. With Zapier, after each ticket sale, your attendee’s name and email are automatically sent to Zoom as a registrant. All you need to do is approve the registrations when you’re ready to share your webinar link.
- From your Zapier account, create a new Zap.
- Search for “EventChain” and choose the EventChain app.
- Select “Attendee Registered” as Trigger Event.
- Connect to your EventChain account. Use the same credentials as your EventChain login.
- Choose the event from the list of events in your account.
- Test the sample data then continue.
- Next, connect Zoom to create registrants. Search for “Zoom” and choose the Zoom app.
- Select “Create Registrant” as Action Event.
- Connect your Zoom account.
- Choose the appropriate Webinar from the list.
- Match the “Email”, “First Name” and “Last Name” data fields.
- Set “Send Confirmation Email” to Yes.
- Continue to finish, then turn on your Zap!
Once your Zap is running, your list of Zoom webinar registrants will automatically sync with your EventChain ticket sales. When it’s time to send your webinar link, just go to manage your attendees in Zoom and approve your registrants.
Zoom (Manual) – Manually importing your attendee information doesn’t require any 3rd party apps. You will export your attendee information from EventChain and import it into your Zoom Webinar registrants list.
- From your EventChain Event Management page, go to the “Attendee List” section.
- Download the list as a CSV.
- Go to your Zoom Webinar to Manage Attendees.
- Choose “Import from CSV”. Note: The spreadsheet should only have 3 columns of data, ordered Email, First Name, Last Name. You will need to edit the downloaded file, deleting 3 extra columns (CHECKED IN, TICKET TYPE, TICKET NUMBER) and re-ordering the columns for the import to work.
- Once the registrants are imported, they can be approved.
- Upon your approval, an email will be sent with a link to your webinar.
To email your attendees, you will need your Zoom webinar registration link, as well as your list of attendees’ names and emails to send through your email marketing program.
- In Zoom, go to your Webinar management page, then to the Invite Attendees section.
- Copy the Webinar Registration link. You will be adding this link in your email to your attendees.
- Export your attendees’ emails and names from EventChain. You will need to import these to your email program. From your EventChain Event Management page, go to the “Attendee List” section.
- Download the list as a CSV.
- From your email program, import your CSV list of attendees and create your email campaign including the Zoom Registration link.